How does implicit bias shape our learning, attitudes, and behaviors?
Blindspots & Assumptions Course #1
Engagement, Understanding, and Application: A Component of Making RealChange
1. To define Blindspots and Assumptions
2. To define some of our own Blindspots and Assumptions
3. To present fieldwork tools and practice
Email us today to schedule your class! email@example.com
Blindspots & Assumptions Course #2
The Blindspots and Assumptions Course #2 focuses on
understanding the challenges to your blindspots and applying a personal growth process so that
you can be a greater agent of change. This is the second of three courses leading to certification.
1. To reflect, discuss, and share how key take-aways from Course #1 showed up and how they impacted you.
2. To identify challenges to blindspots and assumptions.
3. To apply personal process improvement to your position in identifying and addressing
your blindspots and assumptions.
To be notified on upcoming training opportunities, follow us on Eventbrite.
Blindspots & Assumptions Course #3
The Blindspots and Assumptions Course #3 focuses
on the transition from personal growth to peer engagement and effective leadership in your
workplace or sphere of influence.
1. To analyze the ways in which you applied fieldwork from Course #2.
2. To differentiate and critique steps in the process of blindspots and assumptions for
entry, engagement, and effectiveness.
3. To integrate peer coaching for ongoing blindspots and assumptions support.
Are you a nonprofit leader? Do you want to improve your understanding of our complex history of race and racism?
Sign-up for a 2-hour online training to give you a foundational basis for continual growth and learning.
Email Julie Ward
Economic Mobility Coalition Members
- Alvis Inc.
- City of Columbus
- Columbus State Community College
- Columbus Urban League
- Community Shelter Board
- Franklin County
- Franklin County Public Health
- Goodwill Columbus
- IMPACT Community Agency
- Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race & Ethnicity
- Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio
- Mid-Ohio Collective
- Siemer Institute
- United Way of Central Ohio
- Workforce Development Board of Central Ohio
- YMCA of Central Ohio
- YWCA Columbus